One of the market-leading real estate business are looking to hire a VAT Tax Manager to join their team on a fixed-term contract (6 months).
In this role, you will be responsible for all VAT compliance matters for the Group, including preparing the VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly VAT returns, and review of some VAT returns prepared by joint venture partners.
- Ensuring that accounting for VAT is managed and kept up to date, and monitoring of VAT control accounts, including preparation of data to support accounting entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring that all VAT compliance obligations are met, including managing the filings and VAT payments.
- Supporting other team members with group VAT planning, including VAT group changes, VAT registrations and de-registrations, and options to tax.
- Working with the wider finance functions to ensure the underlying financial data is suitable for the purposes of the VAT compliance processes and identifying potential VAT compliance issues arising from new business activities.
- Liaising with group's auditors and wider financial reporting teams.
- Assisting the tax team with ensuring the group's compliance with the Senior Accounting Officer requirements, including review and documentation of the group's tax accounting processes.
- General support of wider tax team with ad-hoc transactions and other matters including asset refinancing, acquisition and disposal transactions (property and corporate). You will work closely with all members of the team including the Director of Tax.
The team operates in a very flexible hybrid working.
Please apply now or contact me for more information.