Cedar is currently partnered with a US listed Mining Business to secure an Interim SOX Controller based in Central London. The role is a 6-month initial contract, paying a day rate between £500-600 per day outside of IR35.
This historic business has an impressive legacy, and a recognisable brand name. They have an enviable reputation in the market and have a very impressive growth story. They have recently delivered on a wide-reaching finance transformation to drive improvements and modernisation within the business.
As Interim SOX Controller, you will:
- Oversee the Group's SOX review and implementation program, which involves managing the external SOX advisor. Additionally, ensure effective management of the SOX implementation budget to align with actual expenses.
- Guarantee that SOX compliance across the group is regularly reviewed and upheld. This includes communicating any changes or updates related to SOX requirements and conducting training programs in collaboration with Human Resources to ensure that all relevant personnel are informed and equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Identify and deploy robust financial controls and suitable risk management systems to cover financial processes, enhance system efficiencies, and implement process improvements across the entire Group.
- Support in matters of tax, treasury, FX / banking, pension and payroll, as requested.
You will ideally have:
- A formal accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA/CIMA/CA)·
- Previous experience with SOX compliance, liaising with external audits.
- Experience within a Listed (PLC) environment.
- Experience of managing relationships and working closely with other departments
- Prior experience in an interim / contract role would be beneficial but not necessary.
- The rate of £500-600 per day represents a fair value, or logical increase on your previous salary or day rate.
Compensation & Benefits
As well as the day rate of £500-600 per day, the role offers exposure to an impressive, commercially minded team, building out a world-class finance function.
The role is considered a core hire within the group finance team, so would run for at least 6 months.