Head of Group FP&A
To £100,000 + 20% bonus+ benefits
Real Estate sector
As a market leading provider of Real Estate services and technologies, this entrepreneurial and rapidly growing organisation works with customers at every stage of their property journey.
Owned by an ambitious Private Equity firm, the business is accelerating exciting growth plans, strengthening its position as a market leader in real estate services.
Operating across Europe through a number of sector and territory leading brands, this dynamic and ambitious group has already executed multiple acquisitions and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future as it looks to take advantage of a heavily fragmented market.
The new position of Head of FP&A has been created, reporting to the UK&I CFO, to play a pivotal role in the organisation's immense growth plans.
- Responsible for the Group-wide Financial Planning and Analysis and the operating cycle of the financial planning, budgeting and performance management
- Support, advise and influence Executive team / senior management with insightful analytics to assess the implications of various strategic decisions in a fast-growing business
- Support the Strategy function on market trends, industry and competitor analysis to help drive growth and profitability
- Manage, coach and lead the FP&A team of 4, assess structure and skill development needs to support current / future growth plans of the business
- Overall responsibility for the budget, working closely with Group, UK Management and Divisional MDs / FDs to help shape and define the financial plans for the business
- Foster a strong working relationship with the Group Financial Controllership team and the broader finance teams around the business to ensure 'one finance team' mindset
- Manage monthly financial / management accounts and related BI / analytics for the UK, including oversight of divisional and central performance by P&L (EBITDA / PAT), balance sheet, cash, capex and financial / non-financial KPI / metrics / trends and variances
- Presenting insightful MI succinctly and with relevance to Exec, Group and Investors
- With a strong financial and commercial focus, provide objective evaluation and challenge on the business performance, forecasts / plans together with proposals on improvements
- Lead on the monthly cashflow reporting and cashflow forecasting, NWC, Net Debt, Net Leverage, liaising with the business / M&A team / accounting and finance functions owning the accuracy of cashflow timings / liaising with Group on cash funding requirements and treasury structuring for the UK
- Lead and support on all UK Treasury matters including the optimisation of financing of acquisitions, cashflow forecasts, banking / treasury controls and policies, and liaising with Group Treasury
- Oversee the post-acquisition performance tracking, monitor and report on synergy realisation, manage earn-outs and deferred payments on acquisitions whilst also monitoring transaction and integration costs
- Review, assess and upgrade the FP&A financial processes / operating rhythm, policies, procedures in accordance with SoX compliance and in conjunction with the Controllership function
- Actively support the roll-out of Workday and the integration / adoption into the future FP&A process, including transition from SAP / Navision and other ERPs from acquired companies
Essential required skillset/behaviours:
- Qualified accountant, ideally Practice trained
- In-depth FP&A experience, from either a Group or a complicated Divisional/Regional structure role
- Experience of developing and implementing FP&A processes
- Excellent analytical skills, technically strong coupled with strong commercial acumen
- Ability and experience of operating with and influencing senior Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Experience of managing and coaching a team
- Strong cross functional collaborator, with proven ability to work across finance and non-teams to driver change and deliver results.
- Experience of a high-growth / significant-change environment
- High levels of emotional Intelligence coupled with a confident and assured engagement style