We are partnering with an international consumer products business who are looking for a Transportation Manager for their UK & European region.
You will provide leadership and direction for the distribution and last mile logistics processes and lead service providers on best practice methodologies. Review the logistics capabilities for the region including distribution centres, carriers and 3PL managed transport contracts.
Set the strategy for the logistics function encompassing both operational execution and long-term capability. Maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and create reports for internal and external suppliers. You will coach and develop the performance of the logistics operations.
- Deliver the day-to-day operational execution for logistics, transportation and fulfilment; analyse logistics and transportation networks to reduce overall costs; and support continuous improvement in productivity.
- The Transportation Manager is also expected to set and achieve targets and cost targets with the providers and/or 3PLs while ensuring on-time service.
- Data driven decision making to inform the business of opportunities and potential costs savings across the transport network.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders, such as senior management and functional leaders.
- Monitor and report on the progress of transport initiatives providing regular updates to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Utilise expertise and knowledge of existing Distribution, 3PL, Logistic and Supply Chain processes to help determine the right future transport design.
- A dynamic professional with an outstanding track record of success in logistics, including 3PL and carrier management within the consumer products industry.
- An innovative strategist capable of developing new processes, systems and initiatives designed to facilitate the achievement of business objectives.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills used to great effect in influencing decisions and building positive relationships with colleagues both at a regional and international level.
- You can demonstrate process changes that have delivered transport cost reductions.
- Thrive on building relationships with internal customers and relentless in the drive for continuous improvement always questioning and challenging the status quo.
- Experienced in project management including lead roles.
- In-depth knowledge in building a strategic roadmap for a logistics function.
To find out further information about this fantastic supply chain opportunity or you would like a confidential discussion please apply.