Cedar have exclusively partnered with a £40million T/O PE backed SaaS business who are looking to hire a Head of Financial Reporting during this exciting stage in their growth. The business is on an aggressive expansion journey and intends to make multiple acquisitions over the next few months.
To help facilitate this expansion they are seeking to hire a dynamic and technically strong Head of Reporting to oversee all accounting matters and mentor a small team.
Financial statement preparation and audit management
- Leading the planning, execution and project management of the group Audit.
- Preparation of consolidated and single company statutory financial statements under UK GAAP
- Stay updated with changes in accounting standards and regulatory requirements and share updates with Financial Control team. For technical accounting queries, take lead to investigate and propose solution to Finance team and wider business where necessary.
Management Accounts Responsibility
- Responsible for consolidation and management account board pack (part PE / privately owned)
- Team are split by Balance Sheet and P&L areas. This role is responsible for the legal entity ownership and overall review.
- Review of Management Accounting work, as allocated by the month end close process.
- Intercompany matrix
- Ensure timetable for reporting is adhered to and review meetings with Senior Finance and FP&A are scheduled
- Ensure the latest budget / forecast is included in Netsuite and understood.
- Lead on the acquisition accounting under UK GAAP, including producing audit papers
- Leading on the integration of acquisition
Risk and internal controls
- Ensure compliance to appropriate internal controls and appropriate documentation
- Working across the control team to upskill, coach, mentor and train colleagues to develop and grow including changes in accounting legislation
- The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified from a Top 6 practice with at least 5 years PQE either within practice (Manager / Senior Manager level) or having already made the move to industry, this is a perfect 2nd or 3rd move that offers broad exposure and continued career progression.
- Experience of consolidating monthly results across multiple systems and entities
- Experience of producing or auditing financial statements
- Exposure to M&A corporate structuring and implementing new corporate structures
- Experience of acquisition accounting and potential acquisition due diligence
- Preferably with exposure to both big companies & SME settings