VAT Manager (Advisory) - Top 25 Accountancy Firm
London (Hybrid) - £60,000 - £70,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Are you a VAT virtuoso with a passion for making complex tax matters simple? If the answer is yes and you enjoy the advisory side of indirect tax, then this VAT Manager role could be just what you are looking for.
Join this tight-knit advisory team of four, including a partner, two directors, and a consultant (who you will line manage) working closely with the business tax team and the VAT compliance team.
They have a very diverse clientele which spans across various industries, including hospitality, financial services, manufacturing, property, and charities, catering to both large corporates and owner-managed businesses.
As a VAT Manager, you'll be at the heart of their advisory efforts, with responsibilities including:
- Advise on liability queries - VAT treatment of transactions, place of supply of services queries, contract reviews
- Leading HMRC dispute resolution efforts
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities and fostering client relationships
- Reviewing complex VAT returns and annual adjustments - most clients have partial exemption, and/or business/non-business apportionment to contend with
- Prepare voluntary declarations for VAT
- Undertake VAT health checks on client activities and prepare report of findings/recommendations
- Advise on property issues, including new builds, building works, capital goods scheme, option to tax, sales (and TOGCs), and cost issues
This role comes with genuine progression through to director and partner if this is something you are looking for.
They offer great benefits, including a discretionary bonus, 5% matched pension, private medical, 25 days annual leave, flexible working, enhanced maternity/paternity and provide a supportive environment for your professional development.
If you are looking for a VAT Manager role with an advisory focus with genuine progression at a supportive firm, then Apply Below!