ROLE: VAT Manager (Retail)
SALARY: £50,000 - £65,000
LOCATION: London (Hybrid - Min. 2 days per week in the Office)
An exciting role working for a LUXURY RETAIL GROUP in Central London with a globally recognisable brand presence has come to the market. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with some in-house experience OR candidates in practice looking to make a move in-house.
As the VAT Tax Manager, your focus is to ensure the company stays compliant across all jurisdictions in relation to indirect taxes (VAT), along with providing expert advice and guidance to all internal and external stakeholders. You will also receive exposure to corporate tax and employment tax, illustrating that the role will be highly commercial and can offer real breadth.
- All VAT returns across all international jurisdictions (UK & EU). This will also include returns in relation to Corporation tax, GST, Excise & Duties, as well as stamp duty and Employment taxes.
- Compliance with all local regulations, including registrations and reporting requirements, as well as the reconciliation of all tax accounts on a periodic basis.
- Proactive communication with the Group tax specialists, agreeing annual allowance split between the companies within the Group.
- Reviewing and enhancing internal controls around tax on domestic and import/export transactions.
- Provide training and guidance to the internal teams.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of UK tax legislation (particularly in VAT), and a keen interest to learn about international tax regulations in relation to trade. Knowledge of Goods & Services VAT (food in particular) will be an added bonus.
Along with a hybrid working model of 2 days per week in the office the client can also offer:
- Bonus Scheme.
- Store & restaurant discounts.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension scheme.
- Defined development plan to grow your career.
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.