ROLE: VAT Director/Senior Director
SALARY: £100,000 - £150,000
An exciting advisory led opportunity working for an independent, expert-led consultancy firm as a VAT Director/Senior Director has come to the market. The firm provides business taxes advisory services to FTSE 100, international funds, and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialists.
- To support the senior team in providing indirect tax input into transaction advisory and due diligence projects.
- The role is to lead on the indirect tax aspects of these projects, day to day liaison on the transaction process, identifying potential exposures and opportunities and drafting the indirect tax parts of reports.
- You must have experience of advising on transactions and undertaking due diligence projects.
- Due to the large volume of real estate transactions that the team are involved in, experience of VAT issues involving land and property will be an advantage. However, the transactions that we are involved in can cover any industry, so a good general knowledge of VAT will be essential.
- You are likely to currently be part of a transaction services team at a Big 4 or equivalent, providing VAT support, but any candidate with the requisite transaction and VAT experience will be considered.
What You'll Do
- Leading or supporting the indirect tax Managing Director with indirect tax advice on transactions and due diligence exercises.
- Liaising with other members of the tax team and Transaction Services and Restructuring teams as required.
- Delegating work to and managing the junior members of the indirect tax team
- Looking for opportunities to provide post-transaction advice and support to clients
- Assisting the senior team with other specific VAT engagements and advisory projects as required
- Actively keeping up to date on technical matters and dealing with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice
- Undertaking training both for clients and internally as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Substantial experience of VAT with a focus on transactions from either an in-house or practice role
- A good indirect tax technical knowledge (real estate experience would be an advantage but not critical)
- An ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex technical issues in a straightforward way to tax and non-tax specialists.
- Strong analytical skills
- Outgoing and personable and able to integrate with a team
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload under pressure
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and come to decisions independently whilst being supported by the senior team.
- Demonstrable skills at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues within and outside the VAT and tax teams.
- Bachelor's Degree (2.1) or equivalent
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 20% bonus year-on-year
- Flexible working pattern
- They also offer a competitive benefits and well-being programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, etc.
Please send your CV for consideration. For more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.