ROLE: UK Tax Manager - FTSE250 Group
SALARY: £60,000 - £75,000
HYBRID: - Min. 2 days per week in the Office
An exciting role working for a FTSE250 business has come to the market. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with some in-house experience OR candidates in practice looking to make their first move in-house.
As the UK Tax Manager, you will work closely with the UK Finance Director to ensure the group and meet all their tax requirements.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Corporate Tax
- 25 tax computations to be completed and submitted (excluding dormant companies) including group relief returns and corporate interest returns.
- Indirect Tax
- Complex UK VAT group structure
- VAT registrations in Belgium, Poland. Netherlands, Sweden, and Finland
- Payroll Taxes
- PAYE / NI
- PSA returns.
- R&D tax credits
- Ensure that returns are submitted on a timely basis and that the maximum amount is claimed.
- Preparation and submission of all direct, indirect tax returns and payroll taxes.
- Preparation and maintenance of all local transfer pricing documentation
- Maintaining all Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) documentation and responsible for the annual SAP return
- Assist the Global Tax Department in implementation of specific projects for UK, as well as ad-hoc cross-border projects.
- Lead the consolidated UK tax reporting process, including all tax reporting input to budget, re-forecast, half year and year-end tax reporting. Identify, plan and complete process improvement opportunities including training.
- Proactively provide "best practice" and strategic tax risk management and tax reporting support for the UK.
- Manage the UK tax compliance position, identify and assist in the implementation of risk minimisation strategies. Disseminating implications of UK tax changes on the wider business.
- Contribute to and lead other Group Tax projects and initiatives to enable Group Tax to succeed with its aims and objectives.
- Accounting or Tax Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CTA/ATT)
- Ability to organise and manage challenging priorities and collaborate with the wider finance team.
- Sound knowledge of both UK corporate and indirect tax laws and compliance practice and a working knowledge on VAT rules in countries where we have a local VAT registration.
- Sound knowledge of IFRS/UK GAAP related to tax accounting and reporting.
BENEFITS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Hybrid working policy (2 in the office, 3 at home)
- Bonus structure
- Pension Scheme
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.