ROLE: UK Tax Accountant - FTSE100 in London
SALARY: up-to £65,000 (+ 16% bonus)
LOCATION: London (Hybrid - Min. 2 days per week in the Office)
An exciting role working for a FTSE100 business in London with a recognisable brand presence has come to the market. Due to their plans to increase headcount in tax this year, this is an excellent opportunity for candidates with some in-house experience OR candidates in practice looking to make their first move in-house.
As the UK Tax Accountant, you will work closely with the UK Group Tax Manager to ensure the group and their businesses meet all their tax requirements. The key aspect of this role is to lead on Corporate Tax matters, as well as analyse, input, and review accounting and statutory data - providing you with a breadth of experience and exposure as you will be working closely with UK Financial Controllers and Financial Directors.
Internal promotion is always prioritised, therefore, should the relevant candidate hit the ground running and make considerable positive contributions, a Financial Controller role would be a potential route for progression.
- Analysis of annual accounting data (expenditure accounts, provisions, and fixed assets additions) for UK trading businesses; aggregation and consolidation of divisions within companies.
- Preparation of corporate tax computations for UK trading companies.
- Supporting UK Finance Directors & UK Financial Controllers.
- Input into and review of UK statutory accounts data.
- Preparation of taxable profit forecasts for instalment payments.
- Co-ordination of UK businesses' tax registrations (e.g., Customs Duty and VAT) with HMRC.
- Liaison with HMRC contacts regarding UK taxes.
- Research specific tax questions, including VAT and customs duty.
- Advise UK businesses on PAYE settlement agreements and review workings.
- Advise UK businesses on internal tax accounting reporting packs.
- Support the head of financial control with the Making Tax Digital project.
- Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Ability to organise and manage challenging priorities and collaborate with the wider finance team.
- Keen to learn more about UK taxes in a commercial environment.
- Good communication skills & customer-centric attitude.
- Comfortable working in a small team and being an all-rounder.
BENEFITS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Hybrid working policy (2 in the office, 3 at home)
- Minimum 16% bonus
- 5% pension match
- Company/private health-care
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.