I am currently recruiting for a leading business services group that are undergoing significant expansion and are seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to head up the UK division.
The role will be responsible for the financial control of all legal entities, ensuring the execution of all management and statutory financial accounting, taxation, foreign exchange management, cash flow management and all related regulatory compliance.
They will maintain and ensure that existing processes fulfill business requirements and objectives and will identify any areas of improvement to promote positive changes to finance. The position will require an excellent knowledge of accountancy standards, local regulatory requirements, and good technical capability.
- Ownership and execution of all financial control for the legal entities under your responsibility (described above), for both management and statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulatory standards and reporting requirements
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts;
- Annual consolidation packs;
- Statutory annual financial statements;
- Regulatory returns including VAT returns, and corporation tax;
- Corporate secretarial governance and compliance;
- Lead the UK shared services project for accounting functions;
- Ownership and monthly control of the balance sheet, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and intercompany balances.
- Supervise, actively manage and develop his/her team and direct report(s);
- You must be a Qualified Accountant and preferably come from an audit practice background;
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience;
- Be experienced in foreign exchange and cash flow management;
- Excellent advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Proven experience in leading an accounting function;
- Multinational company experience in a fast paced service environment;
- Proven analytical ability in identifying and delivering on areas for improvements to accounting and operational processes;
- Broad experience in dealing with external clients, suppliers and consultants.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or any other international accounting equivalent)