UK Financial Controller
To £90,000 (dependent on experience) + 20% bonus + benefits
This international manufacturing business plays a key role in the production of our everyday products. Having experienced record breaking growth over the past 3 years, the business continues to expand across several regions.
This highly visible role reports directly to the Group CFO and will own end-to-end finance for the UK entity in addition to some elements of Group responsibility.
Responsible for the financial management of the operating activities of the UK divisions: Sales, Manufacturing and Group Services. This is a senior role within the global finance team and will partner the Group CFO, Group FC and senior UK commercial and operational management.
- Provide business partner support to the UK Sales division, driving improved insight, ensuring effective commercial processes are in place, developing appropriate profitability, value chain analysis and cost and productivity models
- Ensure all new capex for the UK divisions is supported with a business case and cost benefit analysis and subsequently tracked against approved capex and benefits.
- Maintain and continuously improve the financial controls for the UK Divisions
- Responsible for the UK Division's external audit, liaising with auditors and providing complete and timely inputs to the Group Audit
- Define and document suitable process maps and controls for all financial operations in line with Group Policies
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including intergroup accounts, to ensure a clean balance sheet position is reported on a monthly basis
- Provide the necessary input to the Group's transfer pricing requirements including cost and activity inputs for the management fee recharges to the group.
- Responsibility for Payroll, P11ds, VAT, Duty reporting, filing and compliance for the UK legal entity
- Responsibility for compliance to UK Government changes to VAT, making tax digital, IR35
- Provide insightful commentaries to support management reporting
- Lead all UK divisions forecasts processes in keeping with Group requirements
- Establish efficient record to report processes to deliver on time and in full financial reports
- Maintain an accurate and complete cashflow forecast for the UK legal entity in line with group requirements
- Management of the UK finance team
- Key involvement in the design and evolution of financial performance reporting including leveraging existing date, new reporting, working closely with Business Insight team
Candidate profile requirements:
- Qualified accountant, ideally with experience of a tangible product sector
- Good level of technical and operational accounting understanding
- Highly skilled in FP&A and driving business insight
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and executing enhancements through the finance reporting environment
- Impressive levels of communication skills to enable seamless stakeholder engagement including Board level
- Energy and drive to 'get stuck in' to a manufacturing environment and rapidly add genuine value
- Systems and data savvy