Job Opportunity: Technical Project Manager at Leading Sports Technology Company
Are you ready to join the dynamic world of sports technology with our client, one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry?
Our client is at the epicenter of the global network that connects sports, brands, and fans through official live data. Their mission is clear - to champion a sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits everyone involved.
Position: Technical Project Manager
About Us: Our client is seeking enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to join their talented team. As a Technical Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in their global presence, contributing to the future of sports entertainment.
- Manage technical projects and programs from inception to final delivery, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Define and manage project requirements, including design specifications, user stories, and cross-stream visibility.
- Identify and manage project dependencies at a cross-functional level.
- Challenge and refine scope and prioritization based on experience and domain knowledge.
- Coordinate requirements gathering, establish timelines, and manage customer/stakeholder expectations.
- Create clear and impactful reporting and project tracking using tools like Jira software, Jira Work Management, and Confluence.
- Flag and effectively manage challenges/issues, facilitating project meetings and governance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from various business divisions in a highly collaborative and agile organization.
- Implement project success measures and ensure regular health checks throughout and post-project closure.
- Previous project management experience, specifically on software projects.
- Product knowledge of the Sports Technology Industry
- Full understanding of the technology/software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Jira and Jira Work Management.
- Experience with 3rd party technology/software providers and migration projects.
- Ability to manage virtual teams and work across global time zones.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Assistance in writing user journey stories/scenarios.
- Project management qualification (AgilePM/SAFe/Prince 2).
- Experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE).
- AWS fundamentals (AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner).
How We Work: Our client embraces a forward-thinking 'Ways of Working' framework, allowing flexibility, remote work, and working holidays. Their organizational culture encourages collaboration, innovation, and celebration.
Salary: This role is offering a base salary of up to £90,000