£55000 - £60000 per annum + 10% bonus
12 months ago
An established US listed Digital Media & Magazine Publishing business is seeking to appoint a recently qualified accountant into a high-profile Project Accountant role. This is a key role in a growing and highly acquisitive business, with 3 acquisitions last year and more to follow.
If you are looking to move into industry, or are unsatisfied with the progression in your role, then this is a real opportunity to fast track your career.
This varied and dynamic high-profile role with a wide remit will give the opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to fast track through the business. Following on from the familiarisation with the operations and legal structure of the group, the role will progress in 18 months into a Senior Financial Analyst position, which in turn has been a stepping stone in the past to Regional Finance Director for strong candidates.
The Project Accountant role would suit a recently qualified ACA with US GAAP knowledge through company/client experience and good technical financial understanding, with strong Excels skills to build models. The role is based in the central London office, a 5 minutes walk from Holborn Tube Station, where you will work closely with the CFO.
- Updating the group's financial procedures manual in compliance with US GAAP;
- Assisting the Group Financial Accountant with legal entity consolidation work;
- Implementation of the new accounting standard for leases;
- Research into US GAAP/UK GAAP/IFRS areas relating to the group's activities;
- Financial Modelling for potential acquisitions and subsequent due diligence;
- Financial accounting integration work for any newly acquired businesses;
- Review and updating of the group's Sarbanes Oxley compliance database;
- Ad hoc analysis and research projects for the CFO;
- Periodic control reviews and investigations at operating businesses (typically no more than twice a year).
- ACA qualification
- US GAAP knowledge
- Strong Excel and analysis skills
- Experience working with senior stakeholders