£55000 - £60000 per annum + 10% bonus
10 months ago
An established US listed Digital Media & Magazine Publishing business is seeking to appoint a recently qualified accountant into a high-profile Project Accountant role. If you are looking to move into industry, or are unsatisfied with the progression in your role, then this is a real opportunity to fast track your career into Commercial Finance.
This varied and dynamic high-profile role will give you the opportunity to fast track through the business. Following on from your familiarisation gained with the operations and legal structure of the group, the role will progress into a commercial Senior Finance Analyst position, which in turn has been a stepping stone in the past to Regional Finance Director.
The Project Accountant role would suit a recently qualified ACA with US GAAP knowledge through company/client experience and good technical financial understanding, with strong Excels skills which you will build upon to build financial models. The role is based in the central London, a 5 minutes walk from Holborn Tube Station, where you will work closely with the CFO.
- Implementation of the new accounting standard for leases;
- Assisting the Group Financial Accountant with legal entity consolidation work;
- Updating the group's financial procedures manual in compliance with US GAAP;
- Financial Modelling for potential acquisitions and subsequent due diligence;
- Financial accounting integration work for any newly acquired businesses;
- Research into US GAAP/IFRS areas relating to the group's activities;
- Review of the group's Sarbanes Oxley compliance database;
- Ad hoc analysis and research projects for the CFO;
- Periodic control reviews and investigations at operating businesses (typically no more than twice a year).
- ACA qualification
- US GAAP knowledge
- Strong Excel and analysis skills
- Experience working with senior stakeholders