£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus + generous benefits
3 months ago
A Tax Manager is sought by a rapidly growing company who manage an expanding chain of up-scale hotels across the UK. They have made a series of acquisitions in the past two years and plan to make several more in the coming quarters. They are well-backed, have cash to spend, and have recruited a leading team of hospitality professionals to ensure the continued success of the business.
The position of Tax Manager has been created as a result of this growth and the post holder will both manage the tax compliance and support the growth of the UK business. Reporting into the Corporate Finance Director and with support from the overseas-based Group Tax Manager, responsibilities include:
- Prepare and submit all tax returns in line with the group's reporting deadlines.
- Be the direct point of contact on all tax related matters to all internal & external stakeholders.
- Liaise with external advisors / international ownership on project matters (e.g. M&A activity).
- Ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Instalment Payment; ensure accurate recording of capital allowances to be claimed as part of the planned major refurbishments.
- Review tax and relevant balance sheet accounts each month to support management accounts.
- A range of ad hoc projects to support the needs of a growing business.
Candidates for the Tax Manager role should:
- Be a qualified ACA / ATT / CTA or an equivalent accountancy qualification.
- Have experience as an in-house Tax Manager or be a looking for their first move from practice.
- Excel in both verbal and written communication.
- Be highly analytical with proven planning & analysis skills.
- Be a self-starter with high personal drive, attention to detail and tenacity.
Salary: £65000 - £70000 + bonus + generous benefits