Fast-paced pioneering and award winning market leader in consumer electronics/audio/visual equipment are looking for an experienced and pro-active Supply Chain & Logistics Officer to work alongside and support the Head of Supply Chain. You will work together on key projects to ensure that the logistics & supply chain operations function runs efficiently and productively. You will collaborate closely with all departments from Logistics to Finance as well as external manufacturers and suppliers globally, across Europe and APAC. You will be the key point of contact in the absence of the Head of Supply Chain and the first point of contact for the day-to-day queries within the department. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be a clear communicator with a problem solving and solutions based attitude.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the logistical needs of the company and its customers, ensuring the supply of goods are on time. You will work with third-party logistics partners & manufacturers to ensure the supply of goods and deliveries are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Managing the purchase order process
- Experience in components/electronics supply/purchasing
- Arranging deliveries from the Far East suppliers to UK, USA, Canada and Australia
- Monitoring costs and negotiating improved price and terms
- Collaborating with all relevant departments (Finance, Sales and logistics)
- Arranging payment for shipments and supply of products from manufacturers
- Updating purchasing forecast and weekly inspection schedule
- Liaison with Far East team and suppliers
- Expediting and managing delivery expectations international suppliers
- Monitoring stock levels
- Processing new orders in the Operating system, allocating them to the correct distribution warehouse and creating within the system the necessary shipping documents to the end customer
- Provision of quarterly reports to service providers
- Managing in conjunction with suppliers the stock holding and usage of critical internal components for devices
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of Sage (Stock, Sales Orders and Invoicing) and be competent in Excel
- Experience in Supply Chain Logistics, distribution or similar roles and T3.
- High attention to detail
- Has a proactive approach to problem solving and takes the initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Experience in Supply Chain Logistics / 3PL Distribution or similar role.
- Experience in dispatching goods domestically, nationally and internationally.
Desirable/Non Essential skills -
- Mandarin Chinese speaking
- CIPS trained or seeking CIPS training advantageous.