Cedar are supporting a World Leading Manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester for the recruitment of a Strategic Buyer. This role is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £38,000 on offer and will be a mixture of home and office based working.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to provide support to operations for supply base development and total cost improvement. The company has a strong reputation for producing high quality machines through engineering excellence making it crucial to ensure that the highest standards of supply, cost and quality are maintained at all times. The successful candidate will report into the Purchasing Manager and support areas such as administration, order placements, responsible for buying decisions, responsible for sourcing new suppliers and making decisions for the business on suppliers both in the UK and Internationally.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- experience in a similar role covering Buying/Purchasing covering a Global Supply base
- experience sourcing/onboarding new suppliers
- willing to and able to travel abroad, where required, is required for this role
- experience in a manufacturing or engineering department would be advantageous
- CIPS qualified or working towards would also be advantageous
- experience using ERP system's such as SAP would be advantageous