Sourcing officer (Fixed term contract 7 months +)
Public sector Education client
Lancashire (Hybrid, e.g. 2 times in office per week)
Up to £32,250 pro rata + benefits
We are working with a well-known public-sector Education client who are looking for a Sourcing Officer to join their team on a fixed term contact basis (maternity cover) for a minimum of 7 months.
The Sourcing Officer will report directly into the Director of Procurement.
- Support development of category vision
- Maintain a broad understanding of IT, Professional Services and Estates Category stakeholder requirements internally and be able to support in the analysis of spend data via the multiple procurement methods used across the categories for discussion with stakeholders and sourcing managers
- Support on low value ('sub' Find a Tender Services (FTS)/ OJEU procurement including providing advice on obtaining supplier quotes, requisition support, waiver submission, procurement process
- Producing low value (closed tender) documents using standard templates including standard contracts for review by team management
- Promote procurement best practice through stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Ensure the delivery of compliant procurements and contracts and be responsible for improving overall compliance statistics and addressing non compliance
- Experience working in a commercial environment, leading on low value purchasing projects
- Understanding of recognising the key elements in contracts relevant to protecting the contracting body
- CIPS Level 3 or equivalent
- A mix of experience in both public and private sector is an advantage but not essential
Please contact Eilidh Sproul at Cedar recruitment for more details!