City of London, London
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
19 days ago
My client is a retail company based in London, they are seeking to appoint a Shared Service Manager into the business.
You will be responsible for the transactional Finance processing functions (Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable ) to ensure that these functions operate efficiently and is constantly improving to the best of its ability.
- Managing the Accounts Payable team of 4 and the end-to end Accounts Payable process to ensure that Vendors are paid according to payment terms and that the business is fully supported.
- Managing the Accounts Receivable team of 4 and the end-to end process to ensure that all credit card and cash receipts are correctly allocated, and that discrepancies are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage queries and escalations related to the above processes. Assist with operational tasks as required.
- Team Management which will include: the recruitment of staff, managing performance and conducting employee assessments, mentoring, motivating and developing staff.
- Process management will be key is this position. Documenting and reviewing the processes on an ongoing basis, identifying improvement areas, and implementing improvements.
- Reviewing and preparing reports and KPI's on a regular basis to measure the health of the processes, and identifying any problem areas and resolving them.
- Working with third parties and Business Managers to improve the process.
- Ensure that all SOX, Internal audit controls and local compliance requirements for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes are followed, documented and reported as required.
- Extensive people management experience is essential.
- Shared Service environment experience is essential.
- Experience in KPI reporting is essential.
- Proven track record of process improvement initiatives.
- Must be organized, analytical, pro-active and good with people.
- Experience with JD Edwards would be desirable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.