North West London, London
£33000.00 - £38500.00 per annum
12 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting a Service Charge Accountant for a well-known Housing Association in North West London.
The organisation enjoys a wonderful reputation and offers a fantastic working environment along with some great benefits.
The ideal candidate will boast recent experience as a Rent & Service Charge Accountant from the Housing sector and will actively wish to continue in the industry.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Provide detailed financial information and reporting for rent and service charge
- Responsible for all rent and service charge calculations
- Support the rent and service charge setting process
- Monitor the input of all service charge invoices into the system, checking codes and making amendments where necessary for the purposes of accurate budget reporting.
- Analyse data to ensure that correct costs are reflected against properties to enable accurate recharges to be calculated.
- Liaise with service departments and other stakeholders regarding any rents and service charge queries.
- Keep an accurate record of all relevant procedures and processes in relation to rent and service charge accounting
- Organise the schedule for the preparation of the rent and service charge statements
- Social housing rent and service charge experience is essential
- Proven experience of processing high volume financial transactions
- Proven experience of reconciling accounts and preparing financial statements
- Strong knowledge of rent regulation, service charges and tenancy legislation is essential
- Good relationship builder
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach, with a problem-solving mind-set
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.