City of London, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
11 months ago
02 Aug 00:00
Cedar is currently recruiting a Service Charge Accountant for a well-known Housing Association in the City of London.
The organisation enjoys a wonderful reputation and offers a fantastic working environment along with some great benefits.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Finance Manager, will have 3 direct reports, and will be responsible for the credit control function.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Delivery of monthly management accounts, including service charge accounts
- Notification of rent and service charge changes to relevant staff and residents
- Services to residents provide value for money and procurement is properly procured and notified
- Compliance with relevant legislation, regulation, policy and procedures
- Delivery of an effective, timely, compliant rent and service charge regime, meeting all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Timely production of service charge accounts and management accounts as directed.
- Delivery of accounts reconciliations including trial balance and all control accounts
- Management of timely and accurate journal postings
- Production of budgets and forecasts
- Ability to demonstrate experience of rents and service charges
- Good relationship builder
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Previous SUN experience
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach, with a problem-solving mind-set
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.