£55000 - £65000 per annum
26 days ago
This meaty Senior Financial Accountant role will report into the Finance Director, supporting the growth of the business and Finance function, driving business improvements and taking ownership for a mixture of financial and management accounts.
The business operates a collaborative open plan environment, where senior management are approachable, and there is scope to take on added responsibilities and get stuck in to new projects.
Responsibilities in this role:
- Financial lead for the European segment of the Group, including full month-end responsibility, ensuring monthly financials and forecast reviews with the U.K. Managing Director and his European team.
- Financial lead for intangibles capitalisation and R&D tax work, including monthly analysis of development time to be capitalised and amortised.
- Work with the Finance Director to produce the monthly Board Pack including written commentary.
- Produce consolidated financials for the group on a monthly basis, including key balance sheet and income statement review and variance analysis.
- Financial lead for a key business stream including Head Office lead for an overseas operation: Including month-end responsibilities, reforecast, and production of monthly joint venture statements.
- Work with the Finance Director on production of year-end and half year results, including working with auditors and tax advisors.
- Key team member in the production of group budgets and reforecasts.
- Assist and lead business cases as necessary.
- Liaison with IT, HR, Legal and other relevant internal departments.
- Monthly and quarterly statutory returns for the group.
What we are looking for to be successful in this role:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong excel and technical accounting skills
- Confident with manipulating large data files