£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 year ago
23 Jun 00:00
This meaty Senior Financial Accountant role will report into the Finance Director, supporting the growth of the business and Finance function, driving business improvements and taking ownership for a mixture of financial and management accounts.
The business operates a collaborative open plan environment, where senior management are approachable, and there is scope to take on added responsibilities and get stuck in to new projects.
Responsibilities in this role:
- Financial lead for the European segment of the Group, including full month-end responsibility, ensuring monthly financials and forecast reviews with the U.K. Managing Director and his European team.
- Financial lead for intangibles capitalisation and R&D tax work, including monthly analysis of development time to be capitalised and amortised.
- Work with the Finance Director to produce the monthly Board Pack including written commentary.
- Produce consolidated financials for the group on a monthly basis, including key balance sheet and income statement review and variance analysis.
- Financial lead for a key business stream including Head Office lead for an overseas operation: Including month-end responsibilities, reforecast, and production of monthly joint venture statements.
- Work with the Finance Director on production of year-end and half year results, including working with auditors and tax advisors.
- Key team member in the production of group budgets and reforecasts.
- Assist and lead business cases as necessary.
- Liaison with IT, HR, Legal and other relevant internal departments.
- Monthly and quarterly statutory returns for the group.
What we are looking for to be successful in this role:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong excel and technical accounting skills
- Confident with manipulating large data files