Senior Procurement Officer
Public sector organisation
East London (Hybrid, 1 day per week in office)
Up to 45K
I am working with a forward thinking and innovative public sector organisation who are going through growth and are looking for an experienced Senior Procurement Officer to join their team.
The senior procurement officer will be responsible for ensuring that the procurement operations run smoothly, taking responsibility for contract management of key suppliers and support Category Managers and the Head of Procurement in development and implementation of procurement strategy plans.
- Run procurement projects for goods and services across a number of categories
- Lead of the procurement sourcing and tendering processes making sure that compliance regulations are met
- Manage procurement buyers as required and develop their sourcing and buying skills
- Review and develop procurement approach, specifications, statement of requirements, tender documentation and evaluation methodology and approaches
- Support the contract management process, including the collection and analysis of performance management information, liaison with contractors and contract users
- Produce and analyse purchasing data, including purchase cards, for trends and cycles
- Must be educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Desirable to have CIPS qualification or be currently working towards
- Proven procurement experience within public sector
- Experience of leading and running full end to end tenders
Please contact Eilidh at Cedar for more information!