Senior Procurement Manager
Public sector organisation
Up to 69K + benefits
I am working with a well-known and established public sector organisation who are looking for a senior procurement manager (focussing predominantly on property/ construction) to join their team!
The Senior Procurement Manager will provide technical and commercial leadership and support to the development department on procurement, frameworks, supply chain management and contracts.
- Drive and promote value-for-money in the team's approach to procurement and contracts
- Oversee compliance and promote best practice in the department's procurement and contracts activities
- Approve project managers tender list and supplier selections
- Carry out compliance checks on project managers tendering and contract activities
- Maintain regular strategic communications with framework consultants and contractors, including via a regular e-newsletter and through meetings with individual suppliers or groups of suppliers
- Lead on the procurement of new and replacement frameworks, in line with public sector procurement law and internal policies
- Identify business requirements, devise procurement strategies, plan and project manage the delivery of the procurement process, produce procurement documentation and manage and participate in tender evaluations
- Collect and analyse data relating to procurement, frameworks, supply chain management and contracts, and produce reports presenting this data for colleagues and senior management.
- Proven relevant experience an knowledge of tendering and contracts
- Proven relevant experience of managing relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of property development and/ or construction, including the commercial and business drivers
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector procurement requirements
Please contact Eilidh Sproul at Cedar Recruitment for more information.