£70000 - £85000 per annum + flex working + benefits package
26 days ago
Our client who is a leading company and prestigious brand within the engineering, MEP and infrastructure field, is looking for a forward thinking and hands on Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide project management and support for all projects through design to completion. This will cover the full lifecycle - from tendering, design, installation, testing and commissioning.
You will be responsible for management of mechanical installation projects, ensuring successful delivery from a HSE, programme, quality, compliance and commercial perspective, you will ideally come from M&E Tier1/2 background and possess good contractual and commercial awareness. This role will require regular site visits therefore willingness to travel is essential. Previous experience in power is also highly desirable.
- Undertaking mechanical design reviews in line with current standards and to ensure buildability and constructability. Identify any weaknesses or errors in the design that could jeopardise the functionality. Ensure HSE best practices are followed.
- Where required undertake mechanical design (tunnel ventilation, HVAC, pumped systems etc) including design checks.
- Ensure design risk assessment is compliant with installation parameters.
- Provide engineered solutions to key project problems to satisfy clients expectations, project restrictions and budget considerations.
- Management of all associated design registers, meeting minutes, drawing registers etc.as appropriate and in line with project requirements.
- Direct liaison with CAD team to ensure correct drawing modelling, to BIM or other standards. Review drawings for clash detection and associated interface problems.
- Development of scope documents for tenders and procurement processes.
- Liaise with manufacturers to determine product suitability, in partnership with procurement.
- Direct liaison with installation teams to ensure design suitability, works methodology and solve key installation issues/constructability.
- Working with the commercial department to track design change and variances.
- Working with the planning department to plan design, installation and T&C works. Provision of accurate assessment on forecast works to complete and provide suitable readjustments to ensure project programme is maintained.
- Management of subcontractor works as appropriate including assisting commercial department in valuation and contract support.
- Ensure design and works are compliant and align with client quality management systems
- Keep up to date with all Mechanical, construction and relevant legislation, law, standards and best practice.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Council Registration as Incorporated Engineer or qualification leading to this Status with preference for Chartered
- Registered member of either CIBSE or IET or other recognised Engineering Council Institutions
- CSCS Card - AQP or PQP min
- Considerable experience within a Mechanical Engineering position
- Previously worked within the infrastructure environment (utilities/civils etc)
- Previous experience with tunnel ventilation - desirable