City of London, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
4 months ago
Senior Manager £65-75k (+ Benefits & Bonus)
Top 10 Practice
A top 10 accountancy based in the heart of London are actively seeking an experienced Senior Audit Manager to join their organisation. They are looking for experienced managers who are looking to take the step up into a firm who offer with progression opportunities from day one.
- Ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded.
- Identify issues and agree resolution with client Partner, ensuring they are up to date with the job's progress. Awareness of commercial aspects of clients' business and its impact on our work.
- Provide regulatory compliance advice to clients in respect of the FCA Handbook, in particular, IFPRU, GENPRU, CONC, BIPRU and CASS, including application of the FCA Rules and regulatory reporting.
- Be aware of developments in regulatory requirements and how these have an impact upon clients.
- Organise staff on jobs, ensuring each individual is clear on expectations and timescales, is properly trained and receives constructive feedback. Ensure any shortages or excess workloads are identified and minimised.
- Ensure assessment forms are completed and feedback given to all staff on all jobs.
- Provide internal training in respect of the FCA Handbook to staff.
- Prepare proposals for new work.
- Attend relevant marketing events.
- Monitoring of time costs on a regular basis to ensure any problems are identified early and action taken as necessary.
- Carry out any additional department functions and projects as they arise.
- Planning and organisation - to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales through continual monitoring of progression of the work.
- Technical expertise - to ensure audits are conducted to the correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate and meaningful for the client's business. To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions. To provide regulatory compliance advice to clients in respect of the FCA Handbook.
- Commercial awareness - to have a good understanding of the commercial factors affecting the client. Be able to monitor the commercial effectiveness of work done by reviewing costs against budget and dealing with variances.
- Teamwork - to work as a team with the other managers, partners, directors and staff to ensure the department as a whole meets its objectives and all client expectations are exceeded.
- Problem solving - technical knowledge, accounting, auditing and regulatory to resolve client issues
- Customer focus - to ensure clients' expectations are exceeded, by providing a first class service at all times.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CA/ACCA).