We are currently working exclusively with an international FMCG Group that are seeking to hire a Senior Financial Reporting Manager to work on global projects withing the London Headquarters. This is an exciting opportunity for a technical adept and commercial minded chartered Accountant to make their first move out of practice and into industry.
The Senior Manager plays an integral role within the Financial Reporting Group within the firm and will have the opportunity to help develop and implement the strategy for this growing team. Leading on engagements, you will provide high-end technical advice and work alongside other areas of the business to deliver a diverse range of projects.
You will oversee the financial reporting function, drive regular reporting requirements, perform technical accounting research to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies This is an forward facing role requiring production of high quality financial information including statutory accounts (under IFRS) and management reporting, which is heavily relied upon for evaluating performance and making business decisions.
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to conduct technical reviews of the annual reports of listed and higher profile audited entities and also to answer queries and deliver financial reporting training on IFRSs, UK GAAP and company law and regulation related to financial reporting.
- Oversee the preparation of the European Group reporting package and the statutory accounts for trading entities including the Group consolidation.
- Prepare and publish the monthly consolidated management results within a tight timeline
- Project manage and direct the budgeting and forecasting process
- Research complex and technical accounting matters and ensure our position is approved by the external auditors
- Work with internal audit to ensure appropriate design of and adherence to internal financial controls
- Manage the external audit
- Previously held manager positions (either within a company / Big4 / large professional services firm) where you were responsible for delivery or audit of financial statements for medium-large sized companies
- Ability to motivate, lead and manage a high-performing team
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with experience working with Senior Management
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Must be a qualified accountant with a high level of technical expertise in IFRS
- Commercial Acumen and the desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment