Haywards Heath, West Sussex
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus and excellent benefits
9 months ago
Internal Audit Senior - Haywards Heath
Our client is a high growth Travel and Insurance business with circa £1Bn turnover. This is a newly created position which will develop into a Head of Audit role for the Insurance division, within 18 months for a high performer. There are also opportunities to move into other areas of the business and fast track your career across Finance.
About the team
Internal Audit's mission is to protect and enable growth across the business with objective, practical insights. We do this by monitoring the risk environment and provide insights to enable effective risk management. We work closely with senior leadership to achieve a strong control environment that enhances and protects organizational value. We serve as one of the company's various lines of defence for staffing and developing our team to be control experts who deliver objective and reliable results.
As a key member of the Internal Audit team, you'll advise the business and senior stakeholders across the group to identify areas of risk and make valuable recommendations on controls. You'll have the opportunity to influence change and decisions for business initiatives including product launches and system implementations. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment, are passionate about influencing and driving change, and are able to focus on key issues and the details that come with it.
Very ocassional Travel circa 10% to central London and Cape Town, with expenses paid.
- BA/BSc degree with a good academic background
- Appropriate accounting / auditing / insurance qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CMIIA, ACII)
- A strong audit background developed in a top ten audit practice;
or directly in an Internal Audit function in the insurance industry
- An excellent communicator and influencer who has built strong relationship with personnel across all levels
- Strong organisational skills to plan and deliver audits
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise activities in order to deliver the Internal Audit Plan
- Experience of delivering against tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Ability and experience of writing high quality audit reports
- Ability to work both as a team player and individually
- Proficient computer skills including experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint