£65000 - £75000 per annum + 15-20% bonus + 10% pension + other bens
27 days ago
A Senior Group Accountant is sought by a particularly high-growth PE backed company in the City. They have grown particularly quickly (both organically and by acquisition) over the past ten years to boast a truly global presence and revenues of almost £1bn. The company is very well backed and will continue their expansion as they build a world-leading business. This is therefore a unique opportunity to join them and significant progression is available as the company continues to grow.
The newly created position of Senior Group Accountant will sit under the Group Head of Finance who is a particularly impressive individual. In addition to significant ad hoc work, the main duties of this project-based role include:
- Prepare accounting papers for transactions (M&A / financing / structuring / hedging etc…)
- Develop and maintain Group Accounting Policy; liaise with auditors, make recommendations.
- Provide general accounting support to M&A / Corporate Finance activity; prepare initial journals as required.
- Implement suitable controls to ensure all legal entity reporting / papers are correct.
- A range of ad hoc projects to support the growth of the company
NOTE: This role does not have responsibility for producing consolidated accounts or month-end reporting.
Key requirements for the Senior Group Accountant role.
- Qualified accountant (ideally a qualified ACA who has worked / is working within a Top 6 practice).
- Prior exposure, in practice or commerce, to either group reporting, accounting policy or transaction support.
- Desire to take on early responsibility and work with a wide cross-section of finance & non-finance stakeholders.
- Thrives on cerebral challenges, enjoys problem solving and being resourceful.
- £65000 - £75000 base salary
- 15-20% bonus (expected payout level)
- 10% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Excellent other benefits