£70000 - £75000 per annum + bonus + excellent benefits
5 months ago
Senior FP&A Analyst
A globally recognised brand and FTSE 250 business is seeking a Senior FP&A Analyst to partner a £600M turnover division, based in the HQ in central London.
You will come to own the budgeting, forecasting and 3 year plan for the business unit (BU), delivering divisional forecast updates and budgets on time with sufficient supporting information and analysis to satisfy Divisional Senior Management to support the operations.
You will report to the Senior Finance Manager, and also manage one direct report - an Analyst. This role works closely with the Divisional FD & FC, Senior Operations and the SSC. There are large finance teams within the business covering multiple business units, so there will be significant opportunities for career progression.
Summary of main responsibilities include:
Divisional Annual budget, Forecast and Strategic Plan process:
- Setting timetable and instructions for the budget, formal reforecasts and 3 year strategic plan to ensure the division meets the Group requirements and deadlines
- Liaise closely with BU finance teams on instruction/templates/questions relating to delivery of the budget, forecasts and strategic plan
- Reviewing/challenging and understanding BU budgets including identifying key drivers, savings/efficiencies, risks and opportunities
- Preparation of detailed and varied budget analysis pack for Divisional management reviews (FD and CEO)
- Dealing with any adhoc Group questions/requirements
- Capex reporting
- Prepare the monthly rolling forecast including detailed risks and opportunities for divisional management including liaising with BU Finance, collection of data, preparation of analysis for management review
- Assist with informal forecast/quarterly update requests from Group finance
Monthly and Quarterly Reporting:
- Reviewing/challenging and understanding actuals/variances including identifying anomalies, risks and opportunities and tracking against latest outlook
- Preparing key reports analysing contract profitability and identification of potentially onerous contracts
- Tracking any major restructuring programmes against the approved business case
- Qualified Accountant with PQE in industry
- Relevant FP&A experience in a large company delivering forecasts and budgets
- Evident career progression with a strong academic background
- Good attention to detail as well as ability to see the 'big picture'
- Strong ethical and professional values is key
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and customers