I am exclusively partnered with a leading international transport group who have created a brand-new role and are now looking to hire a Senior Financial Analysts to create and maintain robust financial models that support the improvement of profitability of the business through the elegant provision of accurate, timely and relevant financial information. The role is hybrid with 3 days a week in their West London office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
The position reports to the Group FC and the role is responsible for
- Owning and developing the budget model and business plan,
- Supporting the annual budget and any other forecasts required,
- Developing robust models for various aspects of the day to day business, such as revenue and staffing
- Supporting the finance team with the provision of in-depth, accurate and timely analysis of all aspects of the business (staffing, engineering etc.) to help in performance improvement and the day to day running of the business
- The provision of ad hoc information for special projects (as required).
The fundamental purpose of the role is to create and maintain robust financials models that support the improvement of profitability of the business through the elegant provision of accurate, timely and relevant financial information. An ability to create simple messages out of masses of data is critical in communicating the message to non-finance staff.
In addition to standard monthly reporting the individual is required to provide outputs for the annual budgeting process, the quarterly forecasting, and the updating of the long-term business plan. These include tabular and graphical interpretations including bridges.
As a critical workstream the incumbent must work with the commercial finance team to ensure that all costs and rates used for tendering are completely up to date and that the commercial position of the business in tendering submissions is optimised.
This role sits in an FP&A team of 5, working directly with managers and senior staff across the business on a consistent basis.
- Degree educated, ideally 2:1
- Accountancy qualification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA is desirable.
- Advanced MS Excel skills - ability to handle large spreadsheets with automated features
- Business financial modelling and forecasting
- Able to handle large volumes of data and simplify the output (and not create complexity)
- Stakeholder management
- Working with complex unordered/uncleaned data
- Cost benefit analysis
- MS Excel modelling
- Working alongside (business partnering) members of the board/SLT - (desirable)
- MS Power Point presentation skills - (desirable)
- Creation of BI dashboarding - (desirable)
- Database/dataset creation
n SQL; Python; JAVA etc. - (desirable)