Senior Financial Accountant, FMCG, West London, c£70k + Bonus + Great Benefits
A listed £400m t/o leading player in the FMCG space has a fantastic opportunity to join their London Finance team as a Senior Financial Accountant for the UK, reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller.
The business has arguably one of the strongest brands in their industry and is known to nurture talent, offering real opportunities for long-term progression for those wishing to build a lasting career in a leading brand.
They provide excellent training and support, and the Senior Leadership Team desire to take someone under their wings and develop them into future leaders in the business.
You will play a pivotal role in managing financial reporting, budgeting, and treasury functions within the dynamic organisation. This role requires an in-depth understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting standards (IFRS), and strong analytical and communication skills.
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Production of the monthly Group consolidated income statement, cash flow and balance sheet
- Assist the Finance Manager in the production of the management accounts including but not limited to, responsibility for overhead cost centres, share postings, fixed asset review, hedge accounting and IFRS 16.
- Input to FP&A team for budgeting and forecasts on share base accounting.
- Working with central overheads budget holders to help prepare budgets and consolidate them. Present these budgets to the Finance Director.
- Production of statutory consolidation
- Assist with the production of financial statements within the Group Annual Report and Accounts and all associated notes.
- Assist with the production of analysis of the results for use by the Finance Director and CEO.
- Production of all subsidiary statutory accounts
- Develop cash flow forecasts and track cash flow daily - help develop a more automated and accurate process for short-term cashflows
- Ensure compliance with all loan covenants, including all reporting requirements.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including external lenders, service providers and the treasury assistant
Qualifications and Skills:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified with 2+ years post qualified experience within Industry or Practice
- Pro-active and a highly motivated individual
- Technically strong accountant with relevant consolidation knowledge and experience
- An ability to communicate and work effectively at all levels
- Driven with a desire to progress
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.