Are you a qualified accountant looking for an entry point into the music industry? A Senior Financial Accountant is sought by one of the world's major music companies; they are home to some of the globe's best-known artists and they also operate several businesses designed to help aspiring artists take their music to a wider audience. They are growing their repertoire, sales and profit and are looking for a bright, driven Senior Financial Accountant to join them.
The Senior Financial Accountant will report to a Senior Finance Manager and will support the company's digital operations by taking charge of the flow of global music payments from digital partners to artists and assessing any relevant risks. Specific duties include:
- Own month-end process; review / approve journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversee Group Transfer Pricing accounting; collaborate with teams across the world to ensure compliance with underlying agreements and group accounting policies.
- Responsibility for key, group-wide revenue reconciliation SOX Controls.
- Oversee the intercompany accounting process with a focus on accuracy & efficiency.
- Produce the Financial Statements and lead the external audit process.
- Support and manage a team of 3 staff at various levels of qualification.
- Partner with IT and other teams to ensure a smooth transition to a new SAP system.
The ideal candidate for the post of Senior Financial Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant who either qualified in practice (any size firm) or in a high-volume transactional business in industry.
- Enjoy working with large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Possess strong financial accounting and stakeholder management experience.
- Be bright, driven and, ideally, have previous experience in the music / media sector.
- See this role as an entry point to a highly respected company in the music industry.