Cedar are currently looking for Finalist/ Newly Qualified Financial Accountant on a permanent basis to join an education firm.
Reporting into the Financial Controller.
£45,000- £50,000 per annum (DOE)
Key responsibilities and functions
- Key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Intercompany invoicing, accounting and balance confirmation prior to month end close.
- Upload of certain supplier invoices / student refund runs onto our banking platform, to meet our payment SLA.
- Completion of other month-end accounting journals.
- Maintaining finance controls within areas of responsibility.
- Support the Group Financial Controller and the Finance Manager - Financial Accounting during audits, providing information to internal and external auditors.
- Continual process review and improvement.
Other adhoc tasks could be focussed on developmental areas and could include:
- Support to the Audit and Compliance Manager in the production of statutory accounts
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our financial accounting close, as well as visibility of the balance sheet to non-finance users (analytical reporting)
The successful candidate should:
- Be a finalist or newly qualified accountant with a recognised institute (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Be a technically-strong accountant, who has experience with complex accounting (e.g. group accounts, or working across multiple accounting frameworks, such as US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS).
- Have experience in an accounting role.
- Be a critical-thinker, with high attention to detail, a good ability to self-review, and be able to work with accuracy when under pressure.
- Have a pro-active approach to managing a diverse and time-constrained workload.
- Be interested in process improvement/process automation.
- Have strong Excel skills (working knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookup is essential).
- Be a clear and confident communicator with excellent written and verbal skills for communication across all levels of the business and with external stakeholders, eg banks and auditors.
- Preferably have previous experience within large, complex international organisations or accounting practice background.
If you are interested in this role please apply online ASAP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.