£90000.00 - £95000.00 per annum
5 months ago
A FTSE 100 global media brand is recruiting a Senior Finance Manager - Technical Accounting, in a newly created role to act as the interface between their multiple Shared Service Centres and the Group Finance function. This standalone role is a high profile position within the organisation, with broad exposure to a range of senior stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership for the integrity, accuracy and completeness of finance outputs delivered by the Shared Service Centres to the Group
- Acting as the conduit between the Shared Service Centres and Group Finance providing advisory support and technical accounting guidance and on current and new accounting standards
- Strengthening the Shared Service Centre reporting outputs - driving through efficiencies and improving reporting capabilities, delivering change that will streamline and refine processes
- Guiding the Shared Service Centres through changes in technical accounting standards; counselling them on the business impact and how best to apply and adhere to new guidelines
- Identifying and implementing process improvement and changes required by ERP updates / new reporting standards and requirements
- Maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a strong technical background in group financial reporting, ideally within a listed environment (this experience may have been obtained as part of a secondment). You will possess up-to-date working knowledge of IFRS reporting standards and requirements.
You will be comfortable 'rolling up your sleeves' and immersing yourself in the detail. This role requires flexible thinking and someone who is constantly looking for ways to move existing processes forward.
As a confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships internally and externally, with a forward looking and challenging mindset. You will have the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With clear enthusiasm and drive you will thrive in a change environment.