Up to £60000.00 per annum + Exceptional benefits
16 days ago
JOB TITLE: UKI and Europe Senior Business Partner
Accountable to: Finance Director
Staff managed: None
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role will report to the Finance Director and will deliver a high quality finance service to the Organisation. This includes leading on project accounting, performance monitoring, budgeting and forecasting, and ensuring efficient use of resources. This role will operate as finance business partner, and as an integral part of the Group finance team supporting the ongoing improvement in reporting.
The post holder will raise the profile of the finance function by adding value to the Organisation strategic initiatives, acting as a consultant and advisor on all accounting related issues that may arise and moving forward the concept of "finance as a service" not a processing function.
This role will drive finance interaction and support of operational teams by providing financial insight and guiding the Organisation functions through the business planning cycle. This includes communication of financial information, for operational management and control: interpreting financial information including management accounts and budget reports and guiding the Organisation on what the information means in relation to its performance. The UKI and Europe Senior Business Partner will advise the Organisation of the financial consequences of business decisions made and provide guidance accordingly.
The postholder will support development and growth of the business in line with the strategic vision.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & TASKS
* Oversee the general financial management of the Organisation and ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records.
* Oversee the preparation of project and product performance results and analysis
* Interface with the Organisation and group finance teams ensuring quality accounting information.
* Production of Organisation monthly management reporting packs including commentary and analysis
* Assist with Group monthly reporting and analysis including analysis of performance, variances and trends
* Collation and production of budgets and re-forecasting, including reviewing /challenging business managers' assumption.
* Provide direction to the Organisation managers.
* Work with Organisation teams to achieve greater commercial awareness
* Consider, understand and analyse the Organisation's trading position including areas for improvement.
* Adhere to the Group's financial policies and procedures. Develop and implement financial controls and systems for the Organisation in collaboration with the Finance Director
* Assist in the implementation of IT tools and reporting techniques
* Ad hoc reporting queries such as cost /income by products and departments
* Working with other teams across finance to investigate any issues and ensure that we provide consistent and joined-up views.
* Assist the Finance Director's focus on transforming and
improving financial processes by putting forward recommendations on how existing processes can be improved.
* Assist the Finance Director in coordinating of all internal and external audit activities for the European Organisation.
* Ad hoc tasks as required by the Finance Director
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POST
* Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
* Sound working knowledge of Sun Accounting System (preferable)
* Advanced Excel Skills
* Knowledge and understanding of Siebel or any other similar integrated CRM system (preferable)
* Strong personality, able to deal with all levels of operations management.
* Strong commitment to overall service excellence
* Good communication skills (verbal and written)
* Proven record of creating and delivering to tight deadlines
* Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-site organisation
CONTACTS: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL
The post holder will report to the Finance Director for guidance and for day-to-day operational activities. The principle relationships will be with Group finance team, Organisation operational teams and key customers within the business.
Obtains approval of the Finance Director and the Chief Financial
Officer before incurring spend