£40000 - £50000 per annum
11 days ago
Senior Demand Planner
To lead and manage the Demand Planning activities, support Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and to act as the integration point between the local market and the group demand planning function.
The Demand Planner will need to work closely with representatives from marketing, sales, and finance in order to successfully manage the customer demand being placed on the business and to play a lead role in all forecasting related activities to come up with a clear statement of demand in volume and value by SKU.
The Demand Planner is the integration point between the local functions of sales, marketing and finance, and the Group Demand Planning organisation and is responsible for ensuring that the highest quality of demand is communicated to the Supply Chain Function on a monthly basis.
* Collect and collate market and customer intelligence and make it available to all involved in the forecasting process, and support the local functions with analysis to support the creation of the demand plan.
* Interact with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to understand demand forecast drivers, historical sales trends and uplifts from promotional activities, and ensure assumptions are documented.
* Monitor SKU levels and performance and recommend future SKU rationalization initiatives.
* Review and analyse monthly forecast accuracy results
* Carry out root cause analysis on major forecast variances, monitor trends in forecast error and implement forecast changes resulting from the monthly review
* Advise and assist the sales teams with analysing the forecast accuracy data and use the findings to improve future forecasts.
* Work with Group Demand planner and sales/marketing team to achieve agreed forecast accuracy targets
* Review of previous month's actual demand and identification of any anomalies
* Work with Sales and Marketing team to integrate market intelligence into forecasts and ensure assumptions are clearly documented
* Collaborate with marketing functions to ensure all future promotions and new listings are included in the forecast and that all assumptions are clearly documented.
* Analyse statistical data from forecasting tool in order to ensure this adds value to the forecast
* Collaborate with Sales/Marketing to monitor promotional effectiveness and use findings to improve future forecasts and build key learnings into future promotions.
* Review and agree a monthly updated unconstrained forecast with a horizon of 18-24 months by facilitating a collaborative planning process with Sales, Marketing and Finance.
* Ensure that the monthly forecast upload is completed in accordance will relevant monthly deadlines
* Use and maintain the Demand Planning Software as the primary forecasting tool while providing additional system support to the sales functions.
* Identify exceptional/unplanned demand and work with Group Demand Planner to manage
* Ensure effective use of end-consumer sales data to improve forecast accuracy
* Work with sales teams and customers to identify stock levels at key retailers and distributors on a monthly basis
* Assume responsibility for key measures. e.g.: region Forecast accuracy, volatility and bias
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent numeracy with proficiency in statistical and forecasting fundamentals.
* Strong commercial understanding.
* Strong knowledge of demand planning processes
* Minimum 2-3 years of current demand planner experience.
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Highly organised and able to prioritise.
* Strong Influencing skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Clear understanding of forecasting and inventory management as well as the financial and operational impacts.
* Problem solver with ability to build and improve efficient processes.
* Advanced MS Excel (Pivot tables, formulas and functions) and PowerPoint
* Attention to detail and must be able to work to extreme accuracy.
* Ability to work collaborativley across functions and at all levels of the organisation.
* Proficiency with software system including sales forecasting applications