Cedar are supporting a Fortune 500 company who are on the look for a Senior Contracts Officer. This role is on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract (potential to go permanent) which will be Home Based but will require occasional travel on-site in Bristol (expected to be 1 day per month) with a salary of up to £50,000 on offer.
This role will report into the Senior Commercial Manager and will be responsible for:
- ensuring commercial activity is performed to the highest standards and maintained to be able to provide advice to internal/external stakeholders, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and internal Policies/Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements which may also include drafting and issuing ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award
- effectively manage contracts by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- negotiating contract terms, conditions and prices for Procurement activity with a view to delivering value for money/savings
Candidates applying MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- Ideally MCIPS and/or IACCM qualified (or working towards)
- experience in a role covering Procurement, Category Management, Contract Management and/or Commercial Management ideally in the UK Public Sector
- Hands on/Recent) experience running OJEU/PCR compliant Procurements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and engage with Stakeholders
- Experience in the defence sector would be advantageous but is not required