Client: Central London based Local authority
Job Title: Senior Commercial Specialist
Category: Environment & City Management and Corporate Property
Salary: Up to £60,000
Working Arrangement: Agile working - 1-2 times in the office per week.
- You will work closely with a Senior Commercial Manager (Business Partner) to oversee and co-ordinate the delivery of work across your area of specialism
- Ensue technical consistency and identify strategic procurement and innovation opportunities within your area of specialism
- Lead high value/high risk tenders through all stages of the process from initiation to contract mobilisation
- Act as a practice lead for your area of specialism
- Understand how sustainability and Social value can be secured through tenders undertaken within your area of specialism
- Seek to create and where possible, develop markets to ensure a competitive environment for the council to procure and secure its services.
- Promote good commercial Practice within the team, and more widely across the council
Key experience required to apply:
- Have deep subject expertise and credibility in a discreet market or business area (i.e. Adults or Children services, IT or construction services)
- Have a deep understanding of the end-to-end commissioning or procurement process, and the key inputs that are required to deliver successful outcomes, including those covered by PCR regulations
- The ability to think strategically whilst maintaining a strong focus on service delivery
- Has strong financial literacy and numeracy and has used analysis to influence outcomes or thinking
- A graduate degree or equivalent/appropriate experience and have or be working towards CIPS level 6 or equivalent professional qualification or have relevant experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
If you are interested in applying, please apply via the link, or send your updated CV to