Our client is one of the worlds leading advertising agencies , part of a large global network with over 200 offices in 50 countries.
The principal purpose of the Commercial Finance Manager role is to business partner with client leads on large, complex clients and key business opportunities seamlessly across the network. The objective of this partnership is to grow revenue, maximise profitability, help manage effective resource utilisation and ensure a positive cash-flow.
- Principal UK and / or EMEA point of contact for management information relating to a portfolio of clients, including at least one large, complex client.
- Work closely with client team leads to identify areas of opportunity for increased revenues and maximised profitability.
- Lead Financial modelling for your respective clients
- Ensuring revenue is recognised correctly and in line with policies
- Support the Head of Commercial and Financial Controller in monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes
- Closely monitor actual and forecast KPIs including client revenue, profitability, and resource utilisation
- Understand the key commercial aspects of a client contract (revenues, costs, timing of invoicing, cashflow), identifying any potential opportunities and mitigating potential risks.
- Primary point of contact for regular and ad hoc client commercial and financial queries.
- Close co-ordination with WIP Managers and Omnicom Shared Services who are responsible for managing client Billing, WIP and AR.
- Working with key client team leads and departmental heads to prepare and negotiate client fees with client procurement.
- Managing client and contractual legal queries with Head of Commercial.
- Ensuring the revenue and clients are managed in accordance with BBDO Group rules and KPI's and is compliant with both internal and external audit requirements. Manage contract compliance audits with third party auditors
Group reporting and audit
- Conduct full revenue review with the commercial team, Head of Commercial & FC on a weekly basis ensuring that action points are monitored and tracked.
- Monthly reporting pack completed in accordance with the BBDO Group timetable and prompt and clear responses to any issues raised during the reporting process.
- Respond to ad-hoc commercial queries from Group as required
- You'll be commercially driven resilient individual with an analytical mind and the ability to think creatively. Whilst detail orientated, you'll also possess the ability to critically evaluate, whilst understanding the big picture.
- You'll have a Commercial Management background with analysis, reporting & month-end experience. Hopefully you'll have gained your experience in a creative agency or wider media arena; and possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- 3+ years proven experience in a similar role, working in a fast-paced agency environment
- Ability to form effective relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong organisational, analytical & revenue recognition skills and ability to work with large data sets
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks
- Be a quick learner who is solutions focused Be confident, outgoing and a team player
- Ability to proactively review and rectify before issues arise