Cedar are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join a media company based in The City of London on a permanent basis.
Salary: £45,000- £50,000 per annum + study support
Reporting into: Associate Commercial Director
Hybrid working (2-3 days in the office per week- flexible days)
- Liaise with New Business department/Account leads/Trading team to gather information required to put together a commercial proposal for new business opportunities, e.g. media budgets, media mix, the scope of services, etc.
- Handle communication with local market finance leads to obtain accurate market resourcing plans for multi-market briefs.
- Work with the New Business team to ensure timelines for commercial submissions are appropriately managed.
- Assist in the structuring of remuneration proposals and other related aspects of the commercial submission for new business opportunities
- Produce summaries for internal review and the pitch response. Requiring succinct presentation of numerical information into written and visual formats.
- Keep a repository of finance responses to typical pitch questions.
- Drive operational excellence and client service with regard to client reporting and compliance obligations. Most notably compiling client-ready reports for AVBs, hours worked and unbilled media based on contractual requirements. Completing the client reports to a standard suitable to send directly to clients.
- Responding to client requests for information, working with internal stakeholders to gather and compile data.
- Review local market budget and forecast client profitability information to ensure submissions are accurate and timely.
- Identify key variances and gather commentary from local markets to explain these.
- Provision of accurate budget/forecast revenue and pitch cost guidance to global finance Directors for global and regional clients.
- Developing a relationship with the client account leads, working with them to manage and when appropriate escalate ad-hoc commercial issues with respect to global clients.
- Commercial best practice sharing with the wider finance community.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Commercial outlook with the ability to demonstrate and engage a commercial view across general business undertakings and challenges.
- Ability to process and, most of all, interpret financial data in support of commercial decisions.
- Good level of numeracy with an analytical mindset and a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to succinctly communicate with finance and non-finance people alike and to accommodate language and cultural differences.
- A proven verbal and written communicator who is able to measure the requirements of different audiences and adapts his / her communication style accordingly.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- The role would suit someone studying towards ACA / CIMA / ACCA, but not essential.
- Good time management skills with an adaptable/flexible attitude.
- Media experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Hyperion experience is desirable, but not essential.
If this role is of interested, please apply online ASAP.