Cedar are supporting a Public Sector organisation who are on the look for a Senior Category Manager for their Health category. This is a permanent role with a salary of £50,000 up to £60,000 per annum on offer plus a £5,400 car allowance and additional benefits. This role will be home based permanently but will require c2 days per month onsite at the clients offices in the North West.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Health and will be responsible for the Health category which comprises 18 framework agreements with a public sector spend of hundreds of millions of pounds annually. You will work with well-known suppliers and national bodies to obtain best possible conditions and deliver procurement solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations and delivery obligations, within timescales, costs, resource utilisation and service levels. This will be achieved through effective deployment of resources and the provision of market and technical expertise in support of one or more Strategic Sourcing business process/services including: end to end category management, sourcing projects and supplier management.
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- Ideally CIPS Level 5 qualified - a degree and PRINCE2 qualification would be beneficial also
- Experience working within a similar role in the Public Sector within Health (i.e. Equipment, Product & Services etc.) with hands on experience and knowledge of OJEU and PCR2015
- Experience working in a regulated environment and managing complex procurement solutions
- Experience using Government Frameworks and selling the benefits of such agreements to Stakeholders
- Full UK driving licence and open to travel to various client sites as/when required (in line with government guidance)