Senior Category Manager
Public Sector Organisation
Hampshire (hybrid/ flexible working)
Up to £54,800
I am working with an exciting Public Sector Organisation who are going through growth and are looking for a Senior Category Manager to join the team!
The role is to oversee the Estates & Facilities category as they embark on delivering a large estates strategy with significant capital investment.
- Develop and lead procurement related strategy for Estates and Facilities.
- Responsible for production, maintenance and implementation of effective category plans and approaches, reporting on progress towards target efficiencies.
- Act as category expert, you are responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on legalisation and regulations relating to procurement and best practice in relation to category management.
- Lead relevant high value and/ or complex procurement projects, by undertaking sourcing/ tendering activity in full compliance with Public Procurement Regulations, ensuring the most relevant route is chosen.
- Research assigned category areas, identifying movements in price and new suppliers in the market. Continually improve and track any market changes in strategic sourcing plans.
- Line manage a number of Procurement Manager and Procurement Officers, so leadership focus is essential.
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of a professional qualification or postgraduate degree, or significant professional relevant knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrable work experience delivering complex procurement projects within a category management approach
- Demonstrable leadership, organisational and planning skills with the ability to share knowledge with colleagues at all levels
The organisation offer circa 40 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and an attractive pension contribution.
Please get in touch with Eilidh Sproul at Cedar for more information!