Cedar has exclusively partnered with a forward thinking Public Sector organisation to support them as they undertake a major transformation of their Procurement Department, moving towards becoming a more commercially focused organisation covering North East London.
As part of this transformation process, a new Director of Commercial Procurement Services has been recruited with the mandate to create a new Commercial Procurement Service which will deliver key cash releasing and non-cash releasing quality benefits in support of strategic outcomes.
The aim is to create a new senior management team structure that delivers key commercial and operational outcomes across the entire spectrum of supply chain and logistics, operational sourcing, strategic procurement, Procure-2-Pay (P2P), data analytics, governance and compliance, supplier relationship management and both operational and strategic contract management.
The Senior Category Lead - Indirects is a key role to support the key commercial procurement outcomes in accordance with the implementation of the organisations vision and strategy for Commercial Procurement, as approved by the Board. This role will deliver a Best in Class Commercial Procurement Service and will involve managing and maintaining strategic and operational relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Other key duties will include the management of strategic suppliers to maximise operational performance, whilst minimising risk and reducing costs in order to improve the overall financial and operational performance.
Key areas -
- Experience of working on Public Sector procurement projects in accordance with OJEU/PCR 2015
- Previous Public Sector/Central/Local Government procurement experience (desirable)
- Complex stakeholder management experience
- Supplier management and contract negotiation within Corporate Services, It, FM, Estates/Capex
- Must be enthusiastic and commercially driven
- Effective commercial contracts management experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- MCIPS Qualified/Part Qualified or working towards
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE OFFICE 2 DAYS PER WEEK AND 3 WFH