£48000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
22 days ago
Senior Buyer - Contractors & Consultants
- You will be responsible on a global scale for our Professional Services spend which includes HR, Finance, and Legal - as well as Business Process Outsourcing. You will identify best in class external category experts and engage these companies to deliver competitive advantage
- The role of the Senior Buyer - Outsourcing Services is to develop category strategies that drive cost savings, spend under management and strategic alignment with key internal stakeholders with combined spend of over £40 million.
- The role will utilize spend analytics, sourcing management processes and tools to develop category strategies, rationalize and select suppliers, manage key supplier relationships, as well as negotiate complex deals focusing on: commercial contract terms and conditions, assess continuity of business.
- Additionally the Senior Buyer - Outsourcing services will create category efficiencies that align with procurement processes and policies, while managing internal stakeholder engagement and customer service over multiple business segments.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Develops and drives implementation of regional and global sourcing strategies for selected categories.
- Works closely with selected organisations in understanding needs, objectives and priorities to optimise total cost, quality and service while outsourcing.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and works cross-functionally in developing and executing sound sourcing strategies in partnership with internal stakeholders and outsourcing vendors.
- Understands indirect material spends across the business, analyses category markets and translates into actionable strategies and forward-looking analyses.
- Identifies, selects and develops suppliers, negotiates and contracts within portfolio and supply based in alignment with Global strategy.
- Establishes strategic relationships with supply base and implements supplier management strategies.
- Motivates suppliers to treat the company as preferred customer in presenting innovation and/or cost/efficiency projects
- Becomes a key member of central procurement team that will drive sustained performance and improve procurement effectiveness.
- Accountable to continuously improve supplier performance including service and quality.
- Prepares budget assumptions for portfolio in line with Global Strategies and Global assumptions.
- Monitors and identifies risks and opportunities involved in each sourcing process. Drive the organisation to mitigate identified risks. Push the organisation to move towards opportunities adopting creative solutions.
- Designs verifies and amends contracts in conjunction with Legal Dept. Special attention is dedicated to protect intellectual property, minimise liabilities, exclusivity period of innovation, ensure availability and cost improvement.
- Acts to continuously deliver COP improvement
- As this is a new position due to centralisation of indirect procurement, there is a lot of scope for the successful candidate to define the exact responsibilities and have the freedom to shape the role in accordance with their vision of the role as it will develop
- The candidate is expected to achieve significant bottom line cost savings, within the defined organisation saving challenges , as well as providing procurement leadership and direction to the team.
- Management of diversity of objectives between Central team and area/region teams
Professional Qualifications / Experience
- Proven Category Management expertise, within Outsourcing Procurement, ideally with exposure across Professional Services.
- Expert in leading complex, cross-functional, sourcing projects and managing international sourcing teams to deliver major BPO and or ITO sourcing solutions.
- Degree qualified preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Business or other relevant discipline. MBA advantageous
- Ability to work in a truly global organisation.
- Proven experience in working in a fast moving and result driven environment which demands to work under pressure
- High degree of fluency of English is required for negotiations and internal communications. Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Unsurpassed negotiation techniques with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Flexibility to progress and relocate internationally for career development is most desirable
- Positive Team player with can do attitude with agility to respond to changing business requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Fluency in English is essential and fluency in other languages advantageous
- Flexibility to travel on regular basis
- Achievement focussed and able to work in a direct and often pressurised environment
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving are key along with tenacity, tough-mindedness and ability to influence and demonstrate strong team working abilities and commitment