My client is a leader in consulting, IT services and software development in Europe.
The role will provide support to the Procurement Business Partner function. With the support of Procurement Management, the role will work alongside the Procurement Business Partner to support a client in managing third party supplier requirements, including but not limited to, new supplier assessment and onboarding, contractual negotiations and drafting, risk mitigation and delivery of cost savings against targets. The role will also support implementation of wider Procurement initiatives such as, supplier consolidation, ongoing new requests for products or services, etc. The role candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of procurement best practice, P2P/ERP systems, procurement tools and techniques including but not limited to data analysis and manipulation.
- Working with the Procurement Business Partner, support development of the procurement strategy, working practices, and promote procurements capabilities.
- Supporting the Procurement Business Partner to ensure Procurement is at the forefront and is leading activities for any new third-party requirements.
- Help drive selection of suppliers through comprehensive sourcing processes utilising eSourcing, tools, etc where appropriate.
- Interrogate spend data to monitor suppliers and identify areas for re-negotiation, consolidation, and savings identification.
- Working with the Procurement Business Partner, ensure that existing procurement controls, policies and processes are adhered to by the business and develop new controls where needed and appropriate.
- Help identify supplier and procurement risk through all stages of a supplier engagement.
- Support regular reviews of existing contracts with suppliers to ensure continued competitiveness and value for money is being achieved and to exploit price review clauses to their fullest extent.
- Support the investigation any new and alternative sources of supply and third-party technology in the marketplace to enhance competition between suppliers and to capitalize on any benefits.
- Work closely with other business support functions, such as Commercial, Legal, Data Protection and Security to ensure that supplier engagements and contract drafting is aligned to the needs of the business and mitigate risk to the business.
- Work closely with the wider Procurement Team to ensure parity of processes and establish any opportunities for leveraging suppliers and spend across the wider business.
- Business and Technical Awareness
- Future Orientation
- Effective Communication
- Setting High Standards
- Team working
- Change Orientation
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working in a Procurement or Category Management role.
- Experience of dealing with supplier negotiations on pricing and contractual terms in order to deliver savings, reduce risk and deliver commercial value.
- Good working knowledge of contract terms, contracting processes and drafting.
- Good working knowledge of procurement process and practices, including, scoping, tendering, evaluation, selection and contracting.
- Able to demonstrate a good level of commercial awareness
- Experience of developing positive stakeholder relationships to promote and ensure adherence to procurement practices.
- A team player who is experienced working in a challenging and demanding environment
- Positive experience of developing supplier relations for positive outcomes
- Ability to execute and deliver against targets and objectives within a busy working environment
- Ability and experience of solving day to day business problems
- Demonstrates tenacity and is capable of engaging challenging stakeholder and supplier situations
- Experience of working in a complex organisation
- Good verbal and written communicator, who presents the Procurement team in a collaborative, professional and credible manner
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- MCIPS Diploma or equivalent / willingness to study for MCIPS Diploma desirable
- Effective communicator
- Self-disciplined and able to deliver whilst working flexibly
- Project Management or Change skills desirable