£500 - £575 per day
22 days ago
Security Engineer - Public Sector **DV Clearance ESSENTIAL**
**DV Clearance ESSENTIAL**
A Public Sector client we're currently partnered with are looking to on board a Security Engineer to support a Cyber Security Programme.
- An experienced Security Engineer to:
- Work with the security architect to identify the security risks and define the security requirements.
- Work with the security architect to develop a set of security standards, practices or procedures.
- Propose and develop methods for mitigating security risks or existing issues.
- Install and configure security products/solutions and procedures to mitigate the risks and/or to identify vulnerabilities or intrusions.
- Arrange &/or conduct scans/tests of the network/system to find vulnerabilities.
- Monitor the system/network for signs of breaches, intrusions or irregular behaviour.
- Lead security incidents response and report findings.
Required Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber security threats
- Experience in configuring ELK or similar monitoring platforms from scratch.
- Experience and technical capability to develop security analytics
- Experience in developing incident management practices
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge
- Communication skills
- Background in development and an understanding of development environments
- Penetration testing experience
- Understanding of cryptography
- Understanding of risk management practice