Up to £60000 per annum
6 months ago
The role will be responsible for Procurement activities within First Rail Division and on behalf of Train Operating Companies. The successful applicant will have a brief to deliver best value for money by effective management of spend within identified categories that sit centrally in the organisation, ensuring that cross divisional synergies are identified, leveraged and optimised.
An experienced Procurement professional with a good working knowledge across a number of categories. The candidate will be resourceful, demonstrate high initiative and can work independently. You should be resilient and highly-organised with the ability to communicate effectively at various levels including board level. The candidate will be someone with strong negotiation and influencing skills and will be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and objectives. You will need to be confident with developing and managing collaborative business relationships, both internally and & externally, and be able to identify & deliver innovative solutions.
The role will require a reasonable amount of UK travel.
Job Purpose & Main Activities
* Working closely with the Rail Division Head of Procurement for Category Management and colleagues across the business to ensure that efficient and effective category management is achieved.
* Develop long term category strategies that can deliver measurable benefits and ensure that the selection of suppliers, award of contracts, and post contract supplier management follows good practice and is in line with FirstGroup Policies. * Undertake analysis of spend to identify opportunities within categories and work with Procurement functions across FirstGroup to ensure we are leveraging scale and maximising efficiencies to realise full benefits within Rail Division.
* To develop and execute appropriate procurement strategies across different categories.
* Engage with stakeholders to ensure that procurement category strategies are aligned with business objectives and strategic priorities.
* Be recognised as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned categories of spend and lead on related Category Management strategies. Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Fully reviewing requirements and understanding business objectives to implement the best procurement solutions in order to provide optimum outcomes.
* Implementation of overarching category plans and strategy Provide transparent and clear direction for category spend.
* Ensure Category and sourcing strategies are aligned with business strategies and Exec requirements.
* Maximise economies of scale through aggregation of First Rail's buying power. Leverage spend, generating savings and value and ensure there is transparent and clear direction for category spend.
* Understand and manage risks within the supply chain and implement appropriate mitigation and contingencies.
* Support the Head of Procurement - Category Management, and Head of Procurement for Rail & Bus in delivering agreed category strategies and the delivery of major projects as identified. Summary of Key Outputs
* Implementation of overarching category plans.
* Delivery of cost savings in line with business requirements and agreed targets.
* Develop, implement and execute procurement and category strategies to generate best value for money for the businesses.
* Ensure supply chain costs are optimised through spend consolidation, reduction in tail spend and implementation of vendor rationalisation.
* Ensure the appropriate governance and compliance processes are followed, making sure. contracts and R2P processes are aligned to appropriate policies, procedures, governance and values.
* Identification and implementation of benefits resulting from cross divisional synergies.
* Ensuring supply contracts comply with approved trading terms and conditions and are aligned with First legal governance, requirements and obligations.
* Assist in delivery of Franchise Committed Obligations where Procurement is integral to their delivery. Essential skills and experience
* Experience of category management across a wide and diverse portfolio.
* Experience running strategic sourcing/category management projects and a track record of delivering cost benefits and improvements.
* Strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to adapt as required.
* A track record of delivering enhanced value from supplier management. Creating and executing complex tenders and contracts.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and targets
* Knowledge and experience of Procurement systems e.g. eSourcing/eTendering, Spend Analytics.
* Experience of implementing/working under category management-based approaches.
* Strong project management, problem solving and report writing skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities in complex situations
* Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, energetic and driven to exceed expectations.
* Self-starter, energetic and highly motivated